Less Money Coming In?
Whether due to a job layoff, illness or death, a divorce, or other circumstances, having less money coming in can be stressful. Assessing income and expenses and creating a budget can help you make adjustments. Dealing with a Drop in Income (.pdf) includes a cashflow worksheet, guidelines for prioritizing which bills to pay, a sample letter for creditors, and other information.
- American Savings Education Council
- Consumer Handbook to Credit Protection Laws (information about credit cards, including some information in Spanish)
- Federal Trade Commission
- Social Security Administration
- The Investors Clearinghouse
- National Endowment for Financial Education
- Resources for Consumer Information from the Federal Government