The Positive Youth Development Extension Educator designs, delivers, and evaluates research-based educational programming and services aligned with the position’s programmatic focus. Initial programming focus will include:
– Lead and manage the 4-H program and volunteers in efforts to strengthen the 4-H program, especially in the areas of youth and adult volunteer development, leadership development, marketing and member retention especially youth in grades 6th – 8th;
– Increase community outreach of youth development programming;
– Expand and develop programs that help youth consider varying career/work paths, including in the STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts, mathematics) fields;
– Develop broader youth development initiatives with other program-related coalitions and collaborations; and
– Build community capacity to address needs that affect youth.
This individual will apply the University of Wisconsin’s research, education and outreach resources to address locally identified needs and opportunities.
Applications are due by March 9, 2018. Must apply online.
– Bachelor’s degree;
– Work experience relevant to the programmatic responsibilities of the position, including strong organizational skills;
– Ability to communicate effectively using a variety of methods and technology; and
– Ability to effectively work with people from different cultural backgrounds, including those associated with race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, socioeconomic status, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, and other aspects of human diversity.