UW-EXTENSION WEB RESOURCES
UW Food Safety and Health – the premier resource for food safety & health
information for Wisconsin consumers.
Your source for up-to-date and research-tested information on food preservation,
food safety, starting a small food business, and hot topics in food safety and health.
Meat HACCP – research-based help for small meat and poultry processors.
Key resources on this site include:
- THERM – a web-based program for evaluating derivations in raw product processing or handling.
- HACCP Model Plans – model plans jointly developed by the Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection (Food Safety division) and the University of Wisconsin-Extension for use by small and very small meat processors throughout the state.
Safe and Healthy: Preserving Food at Home A blog with information about safely preserving food at home by Barb Ingham, UW-Extension Food Safety Specialist.
ADDITIONAL WEB RESOURCES
• American Dietetic Association
• Be Food Safe
• Dietary Guidelines for Americans
• Fight BAC! (Partnership for Food Safety Education)
• Food & Nutrition Information Center (USDA)
• Nutrition, Physical Activity, and Obesity (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
• Recipe Finder (USDA)
• USDA Food Safety Fact Sheets
USDA Top Holiday Resources Information and links for safe handling of turkey from store to table.
Additional Turkey Information
- Let’s Talk Turkey – A Consumer Guide to Safely Roasting a Turkey from USDA
- Turkey Basics on FoodSafety.gov
- Turkey Basics: Safe Thawing .pdf
- Turkey Basics: Safe Cooking .pdf
- Stuffing and Food Safety .pdf
- Turkey Basics: Stuffing
- Turkey: Alternative Routes to the Table
- Turkey Basics: Handling Cooked Dinners .pdf
- It’s Turkey Time: Safely Prepare Your Holiday Meal from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention