Taylor County Land Conservation
Program Information and Land and Water Conservation Links
The Taylor County Land Conservation Department (LCD) provides many resource conservation and protection programs throughout the country in partnership with other local, state, and federal agencies and organizations.
- Land & Water conservation planning
- Nutrient Management planning
- Drinking water and groundwater education and testing
- Tree sales and information
- Farmland Preservation
- Land/soil resource info and testing
- Conservation aids program
- Conservation awards and recognition
- Conservation/environmental information and education assistance to schools
Farm Service Agency (FSA)
FSA Wisconsin Website
The Farm Service Agency administers federal agriculture programs such as:
- Direct and Counter-Cyclical Program
- MILC-Milk Marketing Program
- CRP- Conservation Reserve Program
- Disaster Programs
- Commodity Loan Programs
- Farm Loan Programs
- Facility Loans
Natural Resource Conservation Service (NRCS)
Phone: 715-748-4121 x3
NRCS Wisconsin Website
The NRCS provides many conservation programs and practices that include:
- EQIP-A cost-share program that includes many valuable conservation practices
- Wetland Reserve Program-This program enables producers to re-establish wetlands and wildlife habitat.
- Conservation Plans-NRCS works with producers to provide conservation plans that are required for all federal programs.
- Cost share programs for Riparian Buffers and filter strips.