Youth in grades kindergarten through one year past high school graduation can join 4-H. Youth in Kindergarten through second grade are considered Cloverbud members, they do not take projects or show them in the fair until third grade.
In order to join a Taylor County 4-H Club, follow these steps:
- First, select a 4-H club from the current year’s Enrollment Book (2017) on page two. You may also find the Taylor County Club Meeting Locations Map helpful when making your decision. Feel free to contact more than one club and visit more than one club meeting to find one that meets your needs and interests.
- Once you select a club, find the name and phone number for that club’s general leader.
- Next, call the club’s general leader and find out more information about the club and its members. Most 4-H members join in the fall, but new members can join at any time. In order to show a project at the Taylor County Fair, new members must join by March 1 of the current 4-H year. Returning members must join by November 1.
- Then, attend the 4-H club meeting with your parents, complete the online enrollment information on 4HOnline, select your projects and get ready to discover what 4-H is all about! A helpful resource for new members is the New Member Reference Guide and http://taylor.uwex.edu/4-h/4honline/.
- Parents can also sign up to be leaders! Interested adults can contact the Taylor County UW-Extension office at 715-748-3327 to learn more, or visit the Adult 4-H Leaders page.