4-H projects are activities for youth to explore topics that interest them and gives them the chance to work with 4-H Leaders to improve their life skills. These projects have a wide range of topics from showing animals to aerospace. Projects are ways for youth to explore and learn through hands-on experience. Youth need support from their families when deciding to partake in a project; however, project leaders are generally available if help is needed. Another great resource to use when learning about a project is project literature. Literature is available through the Taylor County UW-Extension Office. When singing up for projects on 4HOnline you can request literature, each member is eligible to have up to six free booklets, additional literature is $4-5/booklet. At the end of the 4-H year, most youth enter their projects into the Taylor County Fair to be evaluated and to learn how to improve the following year.
County-Wide Projects in Taylor County
- Taylor County 4-H Horse Project
- Taylor County Market Animal Show and Sale (MASS)
- Taylor County 4-H Dog Project
- Taylor County Youth Leadership Organization (YLO)
- Rabbit Project
- Check the project update section of the most current 4-H newsletter for updates on the Taylor County Rabbit Project
- Shooting Sports
- The Taylor County Shooting Sports Project is currently unable to hold project meetings until there are more certified leaders.
- Please visit http://fyi.uwex.edu/wi4hshootingsports/ to learn more about the requirements for becoming a Shooting Sports 4-H Leader and upcoming Certification Workshops.
- Science Technology Engineering & Math (STEM) and Environmental Education Projects
Project Information and Resources
- The Enrollment Guide-2016-2017 is a reference available for youth and leaders. It contains enrollment instructions and a listing of all projects and printed project resources available.
- Taylor County 4-H Project Guide (.pdf)
- Wisconsin 4-H Youth Development – Project Information
- 2018 Wisconsin 4-H Project Guide with Supplements
- Project Literature or Curriculum
For any questions or for more information please contact:
Taylor County UW-Extension
925 Donald Street, Room 103
Medford, WI 54451